Leopard



This is my staple leopard-print piece. I got it on sale five years ago at Club Monaco. I wear it whenever I want to make a statement. Even though I have worn it consistently since I purchased it, I was psyched last winter when designers sent animal prints down the catwalks. Pat on my shoulder for a good purchase! I was further encouraged after the Burberry Art of the Trench collaboration with The Sartorialist was launched, and the word trench found itself on the tip of every one's tongue. I thought, wow a two-for-one! But this fall when I pulled it from my closet to send it to the cleaners for a seasonal freshening-up, something just wasn't right.


Image courtesy of style.com

I revisited collections like Isabel Marant and decided that it was the silhouette of my coat that wasn't working for me anymore. I didn't want a faux fur trench. I wanted something more of-the-moment. Then I remembered that a friend of mine found a great vintage leopard coat at an estate sale a few years ago. I decided to take the vintage road. I looked around for a cute version, but as of a week before the men's collections here in Milan, I hadn't found anything interesting. I did however, see something cute at the Mango end-of-season sale. But, deterring me after I get an idea in my head can be a daunting enterprise. I remained on my vintage course.




There are ways to knock me off course though. And it often has to do with stylish men or women that inspire me. So, on the last day of the men's shows, Anna, Aurora and Viviana transformed themselves into Anna's angels. Fabulous! I drifted south as soon as I saw them.




Later that day, I described my leopard situation to Tommy of Jak & Jil who aptly encouraged me to go to Mango and get my leopard coat.

Top image: Hat, Zara; coat, Club Monaco; jeans, superfine; thigh-high boots, Prada; necklace, H&M.
Last image: Turban, vintage; tights, Wolford; suede peep-toe wedge sandal, YSL. Turtleneck worn throughout, Zara.